View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm not completely opposed to spreading money out and using picks on the line but it just flat out has not worked at all so far. I think it is time for something drastic. Either way, whatever they do decide to do, it better work fairly immediately because this team is hanging on by a thread as is age wise. If it is going to take a year or two to develop the offensive line through shrewd signings and draft picks, maybe we should look at trading some of the top guys for picks and tanking for a year. I don't know, the Bears situation is a very delicate one. I'd say you have this year, next year, MAYBE the following year to get it done with this core of players but that is definitely it.
They've drafted two linemen high in the draft, Williams and Carimi. Louis was a good 6th round pick a few years back. You can draft quality linemen in the 2nd or 3rd round such as Stefen Wisniewski, who has a cap hit of 1.5m.

The Bears need to stop drafting all these god damn nickel corners (both Moores) and safeties in the middle rounds. Most good teams make a killing in the middle rounds.