View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
You're completely wrong. My point is Ebert has been more productive in his career and in shorter time as compared to Posa. There are more productive or at least equal to Posa OA D in the OHL compared to Posa eg. Miller, O'Connor, Silas, Cardwell, Wind, Beukeboom, Schemitsch, Petgrave, Hughes, Levi. The Spits have some of the worst OA's in the league that's a fact and they need more production out of all the current ones. No it's not about putting up big time numbers it's just the fact he isn't capable of playing in all situations and you have to watch his minutes because he can't handle a large workload.
See, for me, production means producing, which is points. Value to a team is everything else - his ice time, his versatility, and his locker room presence.

Raisy - You're comparing an incredible club with the one we have now. Posa, on those two teams, wouldn't be within the top four, or even five. That doesn't say much, though, given we had guys like Dale Mitchell and Scott Timmins who could have been fourth-line guys with us. For what it's worth, I'd take Posa over Kwiet and Duininck, respectively.

Production isn't the end-all and be-all of the defencemen. A guy like Ebert is supposed to put up points. Guys like Bateman and Murphy are supposed to put up points, eventually. Posa has never been known as a points guy, but he's valuable (from a non-statistical POV) in other ways. You're not always going to get, or need, your veterans to put up 30-40 points a year to be successful. Sometimes, you need that quality guy on the ice who goes about his job efficiently, without having a need to put up points. That's Posa.