Thread: Marcus Jonasen
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Thank you. Thats all I was trying to say and everyone argues with me. Your right. We obviously cant build around it. We don't have a young core coming out of those players. My whole point was simply that its possible those guys may yield an NHL player or two.

I hate to say it, but I honestly dont see this team building a young core. I'm just hoping a cap can be put in place that would force them to build young.... but then again look at the Knicks, they needed to rebuild 5 years ago and like the Rangers they just cant accept that. Instead they spend more money and the cap hurts them even more. Not to be cliche' but its a band-aid over a bullet wound. I just hope the Rangers dont end up like the Knicks.... millions over a soft cap. Although it might hurt the Rangers in the short term cuz they cant go out and just buy big players a hard cap is probably the best thing for the NYR.
See, Edge, the different sides of this debate can agree on something. :p

And Barnaby, I didn't want to make it seem like I was jumping on you, because I agree with you. These are decent prospects and it's not outside the realm of possibility that 3 or 4 of them can even make it. Like Edge said, it's a group of wildcards. It was more for the other Barnaby and Jar Jar (I know that he hasn't posted here, but his crap carries over ) who think that all these guys look like NHLers and that Sather has done a bang-up job of restocking the farm system.