Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Vicente

vCash: 500
Today I read a huge article about Finnish economy. Doesn't look well for you guys up in the north. Maybe news are still on the way to Russia...

I mean he just said what he always says - everything is possible. But unless there comes money from outside it's unrealistic that we see new teams from Western Europe...

The only 2 teams I see realistically entering KHL because they have a big modern arena, lots of fans and the money are Eisbären Berlin and Adler Mannheim from the DEL. They also alrady showed during European Trophy that they can fill their arenas against teams from other countries.

But then there would be the question if their fans wouldn't prefer staying in DEL against their archrivals and winning titles rather than facing Novokuznetsk and maybe never win Gagarin Cup.

PS:

Let's say they really would join KHL next year. Then Torpedo and Donbass could move to Eastern Conference for them. A divsion with Berlin, Mannheim, Lev Prague, Slovan Bratislava, Dynamo Moscow, SKA St. Petersburg and Dinamo Riga would be amazing !

Last edited by Vicente: 12-05-2012 at 03:13 PM.