Thread: Proposal: Oilers Ducks Sharks
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Getz2perry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
In no way was I saying that the Ducks should accept the proposed trade. It's awful for them for sure. Yeah, I understand that Petry is a paltry return for someone of Getzlaf's caliber.

But at the same time, you put too much faith into prospects. Beauchemin's 32, and not the type of player who will be playing at a high level into his late thirties. So basically you're assuming that all of Lindholm, Sbisa, and Vatanen will be quality top-4 defensemen, and that one of them will be a capable top-pairing defenseman. Yes, they're all great prospects. But they're just that. Chances. Futures. Potential. Petry is a young, top-4 blue-liner with size, speed, and strong two-way play. If you could get him in a fair deal that didn't involve RPG, there's no reason not to be all over it. Worst comes to worst, you trade one of those prospects for a need. You don't not trade for a player only because he fills a need. That's not a good way to run a team. The Sharks desperately needed defensemen when they traded Brad Stuart for Joe Thornton, but that worked out pretty well.

But I digress. It's your team, you'd know it best.

ya they are raining in the Stanly cups!

Sbisa played in the nhl longer the Petry and i feel hes proven he can play in the league and is only going to get better. I trust our prospect pool(only one im worried about is vatanan mostly beacuse of size). what are you thinking we trade for Petry if were not using getz ryan perry? I just feel for what wed have to pay for petry theres plenty of better choice out there, id rather over pay and get gardiner back.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote