Old
12-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Nice find. I was almost sure sure I had seen an occurrence of just this kind, and this must have been it. BTW, that was actually vs. Pens, who ate him alive in '95... and again in '96 playoffs, until he was basically pulled from the series.
I was looking for more text earlier this morning but had to race to hockey - people hate it when the goalies are late. I finally found it; I had asked it as a trivia question (http://www.hockeygoalies.org/trivia/trivia1208.html):

Quote:
On May 16, 1995, the Washington Capitals had a chance to close out their conference quarterfinal series against Pittsburgh, but starter Jim Carey had trouble with the Penguin offense. Olaf Kolzig replaced him, but was forced from the nets due to torn cartilage in his right knee.

Carey returned, and in the meantime Byron Dafoe began to dress in the Capital dressing room. At some point during the second intermission, Carey was himself "injured" and Dafoe played the final period. For all of these machinations, Washington still lost the game by a 7-1 margin, and would fall to the Penguins in seven games.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote