Thread: Prospect Info: 2012 Prospect Thread IV
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I just look at it as I'd like to see Brodin paired with someone steady and already accomplished so it's easier for him to break into the league. I like Gilbert quite a bit more than most (Spurgeon as well), but he's probably not the guy I'd want to start Brodin with as he can get a little lost from time to time. With Suter, Brodin would know where his partner will be at all times and will have an reliable outlet when needed. It will go a long way towards getting his legs under him at the NHL level.

Spurgeon and Scandella would go from the pairing that has seen a lot of time together as pretty much the team's previous top pairing, to a very sound 3rd pairing. I'd feel pretty confident about that.
But would we be comfortable playing him 'Suter minutes' right off the bat. I know we've all been impressed with him, but it might not be the best idea. My idea from another thread...

Suter - Gilbert
TRADE - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon

My scenario had Hjalmarsson as the 'TRADE' piece. Fellow Swede, I figured he was a relatively good option, but I have gathered that you would dislike his arrival?