View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
By 'Suter minutes', I also meant quality of 5v5. Suter is going to match up against the Sedins, Toews/Kane, RGP, etc... Maybe Brodin could handle it fine and it won't be an issue, but how many rookie Ds come in and play against top lines right away?
Valid concern.

However, that's the player Brodin is billed as and is what we've seen him be. Add Suter to the mix in addition to forwards who are very sound in all phases like Koivu and Parise and I'm not all that concerned to be honest. I'd be a lot more concerned with Brodin's development if he was paired with more shaky options while getting matched-up with lesser personnel.

That's just my read on Brodin, though. I think he's the type who succeeds against higher level competition. I don't want him to be thrust into a role where he's the one who needs to do the bailing out. I don't think that's the correct way to develop him if you want other areas of his game to progress and flourish. That just gets him on track and stuck in a rut to always concentrate on being that guy. Of course, my take and all...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay