View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 05:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
I think this players/owners only meeting was a great idea really. It can't be easy for owners to sit across from their franchise player, look them in the eye and try to **** them over.

A sour taste left after this CBA negotiation could very well come to bite them in the ass when it's time to re-sign that franchise player, and owners like Birkle are well aware of that.
Would make more sense if that deal wasn't already signed, sealed, and delivered.

I am glad some of these guys clearly are talking. I have questioned just how not involved the Wings are with their players. They skate and work out at Kris Draper facility, he is a team employee. As soon as the lockout happened or in a short couple of weeks a bunch of the roster including Zetterberg who said he wouldn't be leaving got jobs. They have clearly seen this coming and have risked fines a couple times in fact getting one to talk about this. I don't find it plausable at all that they don't have contact with them and are not informed of where the team stands and their frustration with the process.

Bettman might hate that but unless he has people sitting around and watching these guys there isn't much he can do.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote