View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 05:48 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Boucher is definitely a AAA-calibre coach, though I have no idea what style he preferred. I love his innovative streak.

Fairly traditional scoring 1st line. Guidolin is a good puck winner at this level, and his offense isn't terrible either. Reichel's a solid 1st line center based off his NHL career; he's a very good one if you care about international tournaments. Earl Robinson is the star of the line, and one of the better offensive talents in this draft.

Stumpel is a solid 2nd liner - I like his size as a contrast to the smaller, speedier Reichel. His wingers are okay - McEachern is a jack of all trades. MacDonald has one outstanding year, one good year, and the rest kind of a write off offensively. I'd love for him to provide more than scoring, considering how thin his resume is after his 2nd best year. On the other hand, a winger in the AAA draft with a top 10 finish in scoring isn't exactly a common commodity.

My brief read on your third line is that it has three jack-of-all-trades, masters-at-none, which is fine.

4th line is another solid defensive line; I really like Curtis Brown as a penalty killer.

Defense seems solid. Bowman is definitely better than I thought before. When I see multiple old newspaper articles calling a player a "star," I take notice. Boucher is someone I would have had my eyes on if I participated in this as a right-hander for the power play.

I like Puppa's regular season peak. I think that in retrospect, he should have won the 1996 Vezina instead of Jim Carey. He had a couple of other good seasons too. His playoff record is a little scary; how does Fowler look in the playoffs if Puppa falters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Pittsburgh Professionals

Coach: Frank Boucher

Bep Guidolin - Robert Reichel - Earl Robinson
Lowell MacDonald - Jozef Stumpel - Shawn McEachern (A)
Benoit Hogue - Christian Ruuttu - Ken Schinkel
Dave Hunter - Curtis Brown - Keith McCreary (C)

Spares: Pete Horeck, Veli-Pekka Ketola

Ralph "Scotty" Bowman - Keith Brown
Tom Reid - Philippe Boucher
Dana Murzyn (A) - Jeff Norton

Spares: Rick Lapointe and Frank Mathers

Daren Puppa
Hec Fowler

PP1: Guidolin - Reichel - Robinson - Norton - Boucher
PP2: McDonald - Stumpel - McEachern - Hogue - K. Brown

PK1: C. Brown - Hunter - Bowman - Reid
PK2: Ruuttu - Schinkel - Murzyn - Brown

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote