Thread: Prospect Info: Matt Frattin - A prospect profile
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 06:41 PM
facey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Distin Brown hits with a purpose, either to help him in puck recovery efforts, or as a tool of intimidation. Frattin has a lot to work on before any comparison to Dustin Brown can be made. So far in the NHL, he's not an intimidating force at all, and isn't particularly effective along boards, either.

I think you need to have watched Matt at the NCAA or a few of his AHL games to get the comparison. But Frattin has a history of destructive hits, and separates his checks from the puck especially well IMO, last weekend he got a penalty for what IMO was a very solid hit through the hands on a player he was back-checking on - but the opponent was FAR from ready or much weaker (combo of the two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Also, did I miss something? When did Frattin hit the 20G mark in the NHL?
You did not miss anything, but the original poster speculated that 20G is not out of the question (to which I agree) and in the same sentence that he would be a 3rd liner -> those are conflicting statements IMO, unless you have different definitions of top 6.

Frattin's history of goal production is nothing short of impressive - and something that LOOKS like it should continue to transfer up. 31G in any number of AHL games would be a positive sign, but in 44 is straight up promising.

facey* is offline   Reply With Quote