Thread: WJC: Roster Talk '13 U.S.A.
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
the defense is going to be strong. I am not of fan of either Reilly or Skjei right now, but I do see the mobility and skating that they can bring to this team. You need solid skaters for this tournament, and for the bigger ice surface it is more important for defense imo, so I understand why they are here. Just would have loved to have seen Robbie Russo get a shot.

I would think the top 5 are locked down right now : Jones, Trouba, Murphy, Gostisbehere, and McCabe. The other two spots are wide open in my mind with Sieloff as the likely #6 as his physical play will be awesome to have along the boards and open ice.

From the way McCabe has been playing these past 2 weeks, this kid is making me a huge fan as he has played a very very solid 2-way game that will help calm this team out there.

It will be a physical bunch with some solid skill....though I just dont know who is going to be that dynamic skating rusher or power play point man like we had in 2010 with Fowler and Carlson... hopefully Skjei or Reilly can turn into that as I think there is only room for one of these kids making this squad with the 6 I have listed above. My bet is on Skjei, as he has a bigger frame then Mike, and was a top pick which sometimes does lean a bit into these things.