Thread: WJC: Roster Talk '13 U.S.A.
View Single Post
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Puck You
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
After last year's horrible showing by ending up in the relegation round, where do most Americans see the team placing this year?

Canada, Russia and Sweden should be just as good this time around. Finland and Czech Republic might have the best rosters they have had for some time.

Jones and Galychenuk were huge losses last year, but are there any top end undrafted players in the mix this year?

I think the top five unit USA can ice is as good as anyone, but I see a real lack of depth on the squad. What is a realistic finish for USA?
just like our previous succes story years, this team isnt going to be loaded from top down. this team has the chance to be another well balanced-hard nosed skating team that will outwork and outhustle the competition.

but just like all our other teams that dont live up to the hype, we need our goaltending to be solid and our defense to move the puck up the ice. this team isnt going to be the sexiest unit out there, but it could possibly be one of the most balanced teams out there.

there are going to be three balanced scoring lines, and a fourth line that should have a bunch of grit and defensive minded players.

realistically this team should be a medal team, but it depends on our goaltending and how well we move the puck... they have a solid shot at a Gold, but I think we can make things very difficult for our opponents and find our way on the medal podeum somewhere.