View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I was under the impression that the NHL broke even with the Yotes (they bought it for 120m, and it sold for 160m)?
It's not sold yet. AFAIK, the asking price is $170mm. Even the $50mm "increase" will not cover the tens of millions lost over the past 3 years by the league running the team (and the interest charges incurred by borrowing from the league line of credit to pay for the costs). (Not even adding in the $25mm year payment from COG.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Bonuses are only in ELCs and in some very specific cases (on a 1 yr deal where the player missed a ton of injury time the year before, or for the +35 contract - although I'm not as familiar with those details). A normal SPC (not ELC, multi year deal and not a +35 contract), does not allow for bonuses other than league bonuses for major awards (I'm not sure how those are setup either, but I know there are some, and it's not negotiated into the standard contract on an individual basis).
League bonuses do not count against the cap (or player share). This includes playoff $$ paid to teams (and split among players), cash bonus for winning all individual awards -- varying amount depending on award.