View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I don't get what people don't understand about making concessions in collective bargaining. The players are making a concession by cutting their percentage of revenues down from 57% to 50%. What is the league giving back to the players in exchange for this? More contract restrictions? That's like going to work and being told by your boss that you're getting a pay cut, but to make up for it they're also decreasing your holiday time.
Not everything has to be give and take, sometimes its give and give, sometimes it's take and take. You can concede ground on multiple areas and still end up doing quite nicely. At the end of the day, over a 6 year deal, the owners are conceding $10b and the players are handing over labour, the rest is mostly window dressing.

If Bill Gates offered you a 1 year deal for $2m and 12 weeks leave to be his chauffeur would you take it? I assume if after 1 year he said times are tough and offered you only $1.9m and cut your leave to 11 weeks leave you'd tell him to **** off because he's not giving anything up?