View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

You can try to tell me there isn't much difference between 10m and 11m but If I offered you 2 jobs, one that pays 50k a year or what that pays 55k and has more perks, which would you take?

Even if the contracts were the same. Or New Jerseys was less, it adds to my point that Ilya gave the finger to Atlanta and their fans while Alfie calls Ottawa his home and plans to live here after retirement.

You also skipped over the part where I said he wanted to play for a better team. Another slap to Atlantians. (or however they like to be called)
Comparing Ottawa to Atlanta is like comparing apples and oranges. The Thrashers were run awfully from head-to-toe, with little fan support whatsoever, and a terrible product on the ice night in and night out.

He said this not the same words all the time, but the principal point was always there:

“I feel like Lou (Lamoriello) and ownership always put (together) a team who can compete for the Cup every year. So, that’s the kind of environment I want to play in.”

Kovalchuk left because he wanted to win a cup. I'm not saying Kovalchuk is a more loyal player than Alfredsson, but Kovalchuk is one hell of a loyal player and a teammate. He was given way too many false labels in Atlanta.

Kovalchuk is a classy player that sticks up for his teammates and contrary to most people's beliefs, could care less about the stats. In his first Rangers-Devils game, Avery was yapping at him, and Kovalchuk ignored him. The second Avery said something to Brodeur he pounced on Avery's ass. Same goes for Rinaldo slewfooting Parise, Kovalchuk was the first guy in there trying to get a piece of Rinaldo.