View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Leetch was always good at rushing the puck right to the end of his career. He had 79 points in 2001 if that tells you anything. I always thought Leetch was the most dangerous American on Team USA when we faced them. I don't know what it was about him but he was always dangerous in my eyes and just knowing that he could jump into the play with the snap of a finger always left me uneasy. Even offensively Phil Housley didn't do that for me, I don't know why, but I just found Leetch more dangerous with the puck on his stick.

But yes, I was happy to see him as a Leaf and wish we kept him. More and more as time goes by I am nostalgic for that 2004 team. And to think, these were the days when we complained that we were "one player away from winning" and that "Sundin could never carry us". Boy, how much do we want a Sundin or Leetch now huh?
Ahhh the days of two dangerous scoring lines and solid goaltending. I think I'm gonna cry.

I totally agree about the US National teams. They had some great players but when Leetch grabbed the puck and headed up ice it was something different.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote