View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
KPRGol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P10p View Post
Remove half of your top six forwards at once and tell me how your team holds up. The wild were doing great until the injuries started pouring in.
It's not just there was injuries to the wild last season that made them tank, it's that the wild had no depth and was forced to place career AHLers into top 6 positions. To me the injuries aren't as telling as the lack of depth was last season. Other teams have been able to survive with the loss of key players, but they had the depth.

Fortunately, in the coming seasons the Wild have much better depth and have better options for calling-up players. That's exciting. And I think that's one reason why I think the depth comparison between the Wild and the Oilers is important. Not only does the Wild have better depth in its prospects but it also has better depth overall as a team.

Sure the Wild will hurt if they lose Koivu, Parise, etc. But future seasons have not Warren Peters as the replacement. I think the Oilers will likely hurt more if they lose key cogs.

KPRGol is offline   Reply With Quote