View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Mwd711

vCash: 500
I love the idea but I'm weary of how it will be funded and if the mixed use element will ever see the light of day. I firmly believe Ilitch threw that in there as a carrot to make funding an arena more palatable. Quite honestly, the Ilitch record on building anything non-entertainment is awful. They own an array of abandoned buildings that every few years, they send out PR announcing plans but nothing happens with them. If you go back to when the CoPa was first proposed, it too had grand mixed use plans. They were never built unless you count parking structures and the Hockeytown Cafe. After the CoPa was finished, they floated another mixed use project on Columbia Street. You never heard another word about it. It just fell off the face of the earth.

I have a lot of respect for Mr. I but he needs to put up and actually build at least one of these grand proposals. Most of the new businesses in the area are being built in spite of Ilitch as they continue to let buildings and plots of land decay. It would be nice to see them take the lead on something that's not sports related.

Mwd711 is offline   Reply With Quote