View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Watch them play. Wild didn't have any skill players and were decimated by injuries. Wild play like a team. Oilers play like individual parts. Wild will get wins by 2-1, 1-0, Oilers will get wins by 4-3, 5-4.
This has to be the dumbest thing I have read in this thread. The Oilers play like individuals? Really? That's your argument? . Just cause the Oilers won by 4-3 doesn't make it any different then you guys winning by 2-1. A win is a win and they did it as a team. We all know the Oilers aren't the greatest team but the reason our offence scored more goals than it had to was because our defence and goaltending was awful and clearly our offence didn't get it done all the time. Look at the early part of the season last year, when the Oilers won 6 straight, beating the top teams, look at how many of them were low scoring close games. That's because that was the first time in who knows how many years we actually saw a goaltender stand on his head and help us win. After that, the Oilers had to pretty much rely on the kids to win it for them.

Yes, Minnesota has better depth and I can see them being the better team right now and for the next couple of years but after that I can see the Oilers being the better team. The thing with Edmonton is that they need guys that should be providing them secondary scoring to do so. Guys like Hemsky and Whitney need to bounce back and stay healthy and we need to see Gagner and Dubnyk do better. However, we added two huge pieces in Yakupov (more help upfront) and Schultz (a defencemen who can move the puck up). Add to the fact that these guys are still young and will be heading into their prime at the same time as Hall, Ebs, Nuge makes it exciting.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote