View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I dont have too many gripes with this eval roster. I spoke my mind about Reid Boucher, and I will stand by that as being a mistake.

I am not a fan of Kuraly getting invited with the way he has played this year. I understand how awesome he looked at the summer eval camp, but you have to be firing on all cylinders before entering this tourney....maybe this news sparks him and he turns it around fast as if on, he could be this years Jerry D'Amigo IMO.

There definitely is a NCAA flavor on this eval roster. I figured to see around 2-3 more CHL kids on this roster with the pure amount of talent we have in the CHL right now. I am not really complaining about much as some of the guys who I felt had a decent shot at making this team, would only be a role player mold except Boucher.

I truly hope Kerdiles does get his shot as it is stupid to not see his name here. Bring the extra damn skater along and create a few battles here. 15 forwards is simply not enough to spark more battles here. I think that extra forward or two really can make a few kids work a bit harder knowing there are likely 4 cuts instead of the current 2.
Let's be real here. No Boucher is not (or should not) going to determine:

1) How the U.S. does as a whole
2) How Galchenyuk performs

As for the NCAA/CHL debate-there are 12 CHL kids on the eval camp roster (out of 27) with most if not all of them going to be on the final 23 man roster. When is the last time roughly half of the team was built that way? This anti-CHL bias just doesn't exist.