View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Violent By Design

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Definitely interested in Simon Després. From what I've gathered, he has exactly the kind of physicality and frame the Blues are looking for in a defensive partner for Pietro. Seems he's also a good skater for his size, and according to HF reports has the upside to be a 25+ minute all-situation defensemen in the NHL. Me likey. Also, both teams could make this trade work without really effecting their current NHL rosters(as both players were set to be AHL/emergency call-ups this season anyways). Perhaps Pittsburgh adds a mid-late round draft pick, but I honestly don't think a straight up swap would be out of the question.
I would hesitate to pull the trigger on the Despres deal depending on if there is any season to salvage this year. Many of our other prospects are 1-2 years away from seeing NHL time. We need him to help bridge the gap assuming there is a season. I would be open to dealing Despres for Schwartz at the draft, however.

I'm not so sure why you value Despres over Morrow. It wouldn't have been a surprise if Morrow had stuck on the Pens after the draft, he didn't look out of place at all. I just don't think management wanted to rush him. I believe Morrow's lowest projection is what Despres will likely turn out to be, a solid top four mobile two way defenseman. Morrow has a much higher ceiling IMO, top pairing defenseman written all over him.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote