View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
After last year's horrible showing by ending up in the relegation round, where do most Americans see the team placing this year?

Canada, Russia and Sweden should be just as good this time around. Finland and Czech Republic might have the best rosters they have had for some time.

Jones and Galychenuk were huge losses last year, but are there any top end undrafted players in the mix this year?

I think the top five unit USA can ice is as good as anyone, but I see a real lack of depth on the squad. What is a realistic finish for USA?
I think the U.S. can compete for a medal. Tough pool though. We'll see how much the emphasis on skating and grit pays off. The skill level is there, but I wonder how the likes of Galchenyuk will fare in what will likely be a hostile environment (of particular note in his case). To me, they are going to have to physically dictate the games. I think they can do that with every team-including Canada. I mean, does anyone really want to face the likes of Matteau, Biggs, and Hartman?