View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
I would hesitate to pull the trigger on the Despres deal depending on if there is any season to salvage this year. Many of our other prospects are 1-2 years away from seeing NHL time. We need him to help bridge the gap assuming there is a season. I would be open to dealing Despres for Schwartz at the draft, however.

I'm not so sure why you value Despres over Morrow. It wouldn't have been a surprise if Morrow had stuck on the Pens after the draft, he didn't look out of place at all. I just don't think management wanted to rush him. I believe Morrow's lowest projection is what Despres will likely turn out to be, a solid top four mobile two way defenseman. Morrow has a much higher ceiling IMO, top pairing defenseman written all over him.
The fact that you would hesitate to pull the trigger on Despres for Schwartz straight up, but would be willing to do Morrow + 2nd speaks volumes here. I'm sure Morrow probably does have a higher ceiling(at least offensively), but for the Blues to trade a highly touted prospect like Schwartz they would need someone who could no doubt contribute immediately. We both know out of those two players Despres is more than likely that guy. Morrow could definitely be Letang version 2.0, but I think he's going to need more time to develop. And again, the description of Despres just seems to be a perfect fit of what the Blues are looking for. We need a guy who is big, can skate, and log major defensive minutes. The offense part really doesn't matter. That's what we have Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk for. Anyways a Schwartz for Despres swap IMO sounds like a pretty sweet deal for both sides.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote