View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Nylander is not even there and the forward depth is greater than ever. Lindholm is the best center we have iced in years in this tournament, even as an 18-year old. I do agree with pool A being more competitive than it looks like, the Finns have a really strong team and so does the Czechs, the Swiss and even the Latvians.

Anyway, we have a pretty good record against most of the top teams:

6 of the last 7 games in the WJC have been wins against the Russians.
Last two games have been wins against the Canadiens
21 straight wins against the Finns
No loss in the preliminary round since 2007.

I'm mainly scared of USA, we seem to have big trouble against them.
I'm surprised to hear someone say this is the deepest group of forwards you've had in a while. Of the 14 camp invitees, half are undrafted. There are only two first rounders (not high ones either), even though some undrafted will go first round in 2013. In a tournament generally dominated by 19 year olds, I see this as a weakness up front for Sweden.

Sweden has had strong teams the past few years, so the record supports that. I'm not too sure they will keep it up this go around, but should have a strong roster in 2014 with the potential of so many returning players.

I wouldn't worry too much about USA as chances are you might not even play 1 or 2 of Canada, Russia or USA this year due to being in a different pool.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote