View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I have both Finland and Canada winning their groups and earning the bye into the SF ... Sweden v Russia QF #1 and Czech Rep v USA in QF # 2

of course all predicated on the lockout persisting for a few more weeks or NHL teams leaving the jr. team untouched.. but of course things may change once final rosters are set.
So not only are you predicting that Russia loses their QF game, but that they will also end up third in their pool? That is a doubly bold prediction.

9 returning players, 2 returning goalies, first overall pick, size, strength, skill, international & home ice, etc...I just don't see it happening. This would be beyond a monumental collapse.

Almost half this group played last year, then played four games against Canada in the summer, and then played 6 games together in the Subway Super Series. I don't think there is any Canadian or Russian squad in the WJC history that has ever played as many significant games together prior to a tournament. There really shouldn't be a slow chemistry forming aspect to either squad. One hiccup in the tournament is hard to fathom, let alone two.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote