View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Huffman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I'm surprised to hear someone say this is the deepest group of forwards you've had in a while. Of the 14 camp invitees, half are undrafted. There are only two first rounders (not high ones either), even though some undrafted will go first round in 2013. In a tournament generally dominated by 19 year olds, I see this as a weakness up front for Sweden.

Sweden has had strong teams the past few years, so the record supports that. I'm not too sure they will keep it up this go around, but should have a strong roster in 2014 with the potential of so many returning players.

I wouldn't worry too much about USA as chances are you might not even play 1 or 2 of Canada, Russia or USA this year due to being in a different pool.
The coach also in his press conference said this forward group is more skilled than before. Many of the bigger names are virtually unknown in NA, like Friberg was last year. Viktor Arvidsson might just be the most dangerous forward on this team, especially on big ice, undrafted because of his size. Görtz is having a better season than 2/3 of our top line had last year, he is expected to play on the third line. The two top centers (Karlsson and Lindholm) are as good, or better, than our top center (Larsson) last year. The third line center is returning to that position this year. Forsberg and Collberg were good last year, they are both having way better seasons this year. Wennberg is having a breakthrough season and is the second highest scorer on this team. The average age is 18.52 years, thats exactly how old our team was last year and it's not that young really.

The strength of our forward group is the strength of this team. The D strength is okay, similar to last year, perhaps missing a really good defensive D. There are also questions regarding who will be the leader on this team. The goalies are also decent but there is no clear starting goalie like in the last few years.

The lack of Zibanejad does not hurt this team that much, there is already a lot of firepower. Losing Klefbom and Brodin is a lot worse but we always have our best guys out. Last year it was Landeskog and Larsson. The year before it was Paajarvi, OEL, Josefson. Hedman and Erik Karlsson the year before that. All of these teams have still been very competitive and beaten the best.

Last edited by Huffman: 12-06-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote