View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
So not only are you predicting that Russia loses their QF game, but that they will also end up third in their pool? That is a doubly bold prediction.

9 returning players, 2 returning goalies, first overall pick, size, strength, skill, international & home ice, etc...I just don't see it happening. This would be beyond a monumental collapse.

Almost half this group played last year, then played four games against Canada in the summer, and then played 6 games together in the Subway Super Series. I don't think there is any Canadian or Russian squad in the WJC history that has ever played as many significant games together prior to a tournament. There really shouldn't be a slow chemistry forming aspect to either squad. One hiccup in the tournament is hard to fathom, let alone two.
Hey, be bold or go home. If I am wrong, then I'm wrong. but I see certain things in that team which I don't like.... Of course it could all go the other way...Canada could crash and burn...14 years in a row with a medal..sooner or later we are bound to have a stinker, right? That's just the way the hockey gods operate.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote