Old
12-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
I just read that Tobias Rieder won't play for Germany. Big blow for their offense
I know. Definitely a big blow. Latvia also may have lost their best offensive player in Girgensons as well. Not that it matters. Germany faces Canada, then USA, then Russia, and finally Slovakia. Best record they'll come out with is 1-3. I don't see them beating the big three, not with the rosters they're all putting out this year.

Latta will be big for their PK and defensive work though. He does a fantastic job in Sarnia, actually playing on the second wave with Galchenyuk (first wave is Sarault and Boucher, if Boucher is not in the box himself).

On the U.S. front, a lot of people are confused at Sarnia's Reid Boucher not getting an invite. His speed was one factor, his discipline was another. Galchenyuk's wingers will be much more skilled than Boucher as well and if he isn't knocking someone out of the top 6 - which he isn't - than his value to the team is not high at all. Sarnia's Murphy will probably play on the third pairing with some PP time. Kid can hammer that puck and with Galchenyuk's vision, look for the set up.

Also liking the rumblings of Collberg playing in a top 6 role on Sweden as well. Throw in the fact that Hudon will look great on Jenner's wing (pure speculation on my part) in a shutdown role, this should be one VERY interesting tournament to watch, both as a Habs and Sting fan.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 12-06-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote