View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 06:32 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Don't the Blues need legit top 6 forwards more then defense? You can't just bank that every prospect will pan out so unless all of them do it, hard to trade one of the guys might
The Blues have 8 top 6 caliber forwards on the roster right now, and that isn't including D'Agostini(more of a top 9 than a top 6 despite being capable of notching 20 goals a year), Tarasenko, Schwartz or any of our other prospects.

The Blues absolutely have the depth to move a top 6 caliber winger for a top 4 D man to pair up with Pietrangelo. That said; I don't make a deal from the prospects. I move D'Agostini, Steen, McDonald or Stewart before I deal Tarasenko or Schwartz. We're going to need some cost effective contracts to be able to lock up Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk this summer.

Having said that; the Blues are in "win now" mode. We aren't dealing anything for a prospect D man. We'd give the spot to Cole before going that route, he's earned that level of loyalty from us. If we make a deal, it will be for a proven D man who can make an immediate impact.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote