View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

vCash: 500
Nintendo consoles have been tough since N64. They all have a small selection of very good games. Playstation just has so many more good games in that time. Nintendo was king in college though. Gamecube had Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. Therefore it was the best system of that generation for a college student. I wouldn't have traded those two games for the entire xbox library. Add in the Mario sports games and it wasn't even close. Tennis was the best, but Strikers and Sluggers were both very solid. Throw in games like Windwaker, Resident Evil 4, Pikmin and Metroid Prime and the Gamecube had a pretty awesome line-up actually. PS2 had more good games -- especially if you like RPGs or Hack and Slash action games -- but the Gamecube line-up was head and shoulders better than the original XBox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Yeah the Wii is a gimmicky joke IMO. My fiancee has one. I've never seen the appeal of it myself, but I finally broke down a few weeks ago and played it for the first time. After about 5 minutes I thought it was just as silly and lame as I always had thought it was.
What game did you play? The number of good games on Wii isn't great, but there are some awesome games available. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome. Metroid Prime 3 is excellent. SSBB, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns, The Last Story, Zelda Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Paper Mario, Monster Hunter Tri. A lot of those barely use the gimicks of the Wii much. Some of them use the motion controls very well like MP3 or Zelda SS. I don't buy 50 games for a console so for me that's plenty of good games to be worth owning a console. I'd take almost all of these over call of duty, halo or gears of war. The biggest reason I got a PS3 was for sports games and Uncharted.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 12-06-2012 at 07:48 AM.