View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 07:28 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Well, I have to admit I was wrong. I thought the whole owners/players meeting floated by Bettman was a PR stunt, but it sure seems to have gained some major traction.

These guys have gone back and forth with the meetings between themselves and then with their own group, and back again all day and all night. I believe that can only be a good thing. I am not saying it will all be resolved this evening (one can only hope), but this is all very encouraging news.
Same here. Was completely wrong it seems about what this meeting was about. When the initial details like Jacobs being a part of the owners side, and that Daly and S. Fehr would be present I figured it had to a PR stunt or some bullying tactic by the NHL... Turns out I was wrong, and this seems like generally good news all around the last couple days.

Quote:
I haven't been actively following what was actually in proposals for the past few weeks, is that 5 year term limit, but extended to 7 for own UFAs a new thing? I think that's pretty interesting.
First I've heard of it so it's probably new. Kind of a neat idea giving a team credit for drafting well and finding good young free agents. Of course the player can still refuse to sign a contract extending into those years but it's a neat idea.