View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
If I recall..... one lockout season resulted in a 40 or so game season.... few respect that season as being anything other than exhibition...... There is no trophy for winning a shortened season…. No intellectual trophy that is.

As Christmas approaches I would rather have my pre-paid hockey money back for gifts to the homeless than waste it on a season few will remember or care...

With some luck the NHL will cancel this season and give us our money back....
So in a regular, full-length season... screw the homeless?

This attitude always gets me with regard to this lockout - people getting all moral about how not having hockey is going to make them a better person. Whatever.

Anyway, I'm encouraged by recent developments in discussions/negotiations, as well as the outlook of some contacts I have at Nationwide Arena. (I also love that Pens haters and Crosby haters in particular might have to deal with the idea that Sid and Ron Burkle had a significant role in moving things forward. But that's just me.)

I can't help but keep coming back to why the same level of diligence couldn't have been employed at an earlier date. Oh, I know the explanations, but I think they're a bunch of crap.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 12-06-2012 at 09:08 AM.