Thread: Proposal: Washington-Boston
View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
thats right. last season. rookie goalie(that beat the vezina goalie). previous season....rookie goalie. season before that....rookie goalie(still a rookie)....season before that....rookie goalie(that was so much a rookie that he was still a rookie the next season).

how often has a team won a cup with a rookie goalie since the capitals have been in the nhl? 1? 2?
Just because I love the Habs I will mention Dryden and that abominable traitor Roy... So, at least 2 goalies were rookies that led their team to Cup wins in the last 40 years...

To be fair, I think it was Washington's coaching that lost them their potential Cup wins, not the rookie goalies. I know that when we beat Washington a couple of years ago it was a combination of Halak playing out of this world and Washington's coach not being able to adjust to the style Montreal played. The Capitals have a good team, and with a slight upgrade ondefence, and a rejuvenated Ovechkin, your team will be at the top of the standings, again. I just worry about Ovechkin's mental toughness at this point. You really need him to rebound from last year and lead your team forward. Hopefully (for you, not my Habs) the new coach will be able to get the best out of him. If Oates can not get him going, it will be time to try and deal him.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote