View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:07 AM
NTDP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
I guess we got our answer regarding Mahalak, as I see he was in goal last night. I did not listen to the game, but by the recap it sounds like he played well. We may see a goaltending platoon for awhile.

Is anyone else ready for the shoot out to disappear from hockey? It was mildly interesting when it first began, but the novelty wore off a long time ago. I do not have an issue with a regular season game ending in a tie. It certainly is better than awarding a team point when they lose the game.
I see your point, but I kind of like the shootout because it gives a winner to the game. I'd say do a 5 minute 4 on 4, and if that doesn't work go to a 5 minute 3 on 3 overtime. That way there would be more odd man rushes and better chances to score. You would see a lot more games ending before a shootout. You mentioned a team getting a point when they lose.....I agree with you there, If a team loses a game we shouldn't say "Oh you lost, but heres half a win because you made it to overtime." If we took out the 1 point for an overtime/shootout loss, you would see more teams with a sense of urgency to finish the game late in the 3rd period rather than play it safe to get to O.T. Also, you wouldn't see teams making the playoffs that have 15 overtime losses. If you lose you lose, winner gets 2 points, loser gets nothing.