View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Watched the Dartmouth game last night, wasn't overly impressed with Walsh despite him scoring two nice goals, especially the 2nd one since it's something he needs to do more of. He was playing on the 1st line, RW and on the top PP unit. His first goal was a hell of a release as he used the defensemen as a screen although it was a freshman goalie and Vermont is not very good (plus they were missing 2 of their top forwards) but his 2nd goal was impressive. He passed the puck and then went hard to the net, got the pass back, fired a backhander and then got the rebound and tucked it in.

During the game, Pierre McGuire said that the Habs want Walsh to battle harder in one on ones, so that 2nd goal is likely exactly what the Habs want to see. But the problem I had with him is that he didn't keep his feet moving and often looked slugish to me. I don't know if the hip injury is causing him any issues with his mobility, as he seemed fine when he wanted but I noticed many times where he should have kept skating but instead he just coasted. The good news is that he continues to pick up the points of late and Dartmouth is playing some of their best hockey in some time as they have a very balanced attack but also have the best PK in the NCAA.

On a small note, Pierre McGuire said that there were a lot of NHL scouts in the building to see an undrafted Dartmouth player, Nick Bligh

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...37&encode=TRUE

But if I were looking at an undrafted player on Dartmouth, it would be Tyler Sikura or Matt Lindblad although neither are Seniors. Sikura impressed me the most in the game last night.