View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:49 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think many posters here have not even seen the 1989 Batman...

The 1989 Batman beat Batman begins in these areas:

- Theme. Danny Elfman's Batman theme is a million times more catchy and epic than Zimmer's work. So good they used it in the animated series.
- Batcave, Batcomputer, Batmobile, Batwing, utility belt, grappling hook. All necessary items in Batman lore. "Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"
- Nicholson's Joker naturally is a better villain than Scarecrow.
- Michael Keaton is a better Batman than Christian Bale. Better fight scenes. Voice was different from Bruce Wayne's but not as ridiculous as Bale's.

What Batman Begins does better is the overall visuals perhaps and that Christian Bale is a better Bruce Wayne.
At first, I wanted to disagree with you... but now I sort agree a bit more. I love both of the movies, to be clear.

Keaton's Batman was better for not having the ridiculous voice and I agree Elfman's theme is THE Batman theme... not to discredit Zimmer's work though since I love his scores for all three movies, but I would still have been okay with a rendition of Elfman's theme used as the main theme.

For the part about Nicholson's Joker being better than Scarecrow, I agree in the part that The Joker is the essential Batman villain but I liked how Scarecrow in the first movie let you get introduced to Batman without having him face off against the epitome of his nemesis. For that, I gotta give it to Nolan's trilogy for not playing all their cards on the first movie.

Hard pick for me, I think I enjoy Batman Begins overall more than I enjoy Batman though...

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote