WJC Tournament Predictions
View Single Post
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Originally Posted by
Agreed. I'm curious what flaws or potential flaws you see. Mine would be:
1. No game breakers like Kuznetsov and Tarasenko
2. Naumenkov injury
3. Home tournament pressure
4. Poor coaching
Any team can lose a game and if its the QF, goodbye medal round.
I would say:
1. More offensive weapons in total than last year (too many underagers last year). Yakupov, Grigorenko, Kucherov, Khokhlochev, Shalunov, Slepyshev and Nichushkin being the 'sharp ends'. But really, anyone on the team is capable of scoring.
2. Deepest defensive core in many years for Russia, with 3 regular KHLers getting GOOD ice time, and other sizeable D 6'5 and 6'6 guys with a shot
3. Home tournament support, for once. It could go either way though, I agree
4. Actually good defensive coaching. Varnakov built the best defensive team in years. Unlike Bragin, they don't get simply out shot and there is no fire at all in the back.
. Should be stellar goaltending.
6. This is a very senior team, experience-wise as most are KHL regulars.
Having said that, an upset or meltdown is possible with anyone.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Fulcrum