View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
I don't know if he isn't playing enough. He's getting the starts that a backup goalie would get. In my experiences watching this league a goalie doesn't usually take over full time until they are 19, 18. (The odd phenom comes in right away but generally speaking.) I think Dekort has great potential but he isn't ready yet for prime time. With the London example if they had a veteran goalie they had faith in Patterson wouldn't be getting those starts. And once they trade for one he might not get another start knowing the Hunters. If Dekort was in London when the shootout starts he's be back on the bench. That's what they do and have done this year, they play to win at all times and are not worried about hurt feelings.

Edit: Just to add on I know your not saying he should start every game, my point is he's filling the backup role and doing a great job in how he's being used.
I am talking overall in 1.5 years so far he has gotten 6 starts in the OHL. I don't believe that is close to preparing him to be the #1 goalie next year. I think he needs a taste of back to back in the OHL, getting the first start in the week etc.. In regards to London needing a veteran goalie Baille is probably their Engelage and I don't see why they would need to get another goalie. The only goalies out there that would be worth acquiring eg. Subban, Binnington, Gibson aren't available. There's a good chance any goalie they got wouldn't produce more than Baille. I can't see a goalie doing better than a .932 sv%.