View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
1) It's not love for Nunez. I think his bat and speed can be a weapon for an old, slow team.

2) It's not Granderson hate. I actually like the guy and his play(minus his terrible BA last season) but I would rather maximize that asset now as I don't want them to re-sign him for 5-6 years after next year. For the same reason as the above, I wouldn't be against the Rangers moving Gaborik after this season if they feel they won't/can't re-sign him.
Not necessarily from you, but within the Yankees fan community there is a strong Granderson hate and Nunez love.

And I think Nunez' bat is the most overstated thing since pre-sliced bread (I like really thick slices). IMO definitely not enough considering he's such a hack defensively. Side note: I actually think there's a decent chance he could be a good OFer if he actually had a decent amount of practice there.

And on Granderson, I agree I don't want to sign him to a long-term deal going into his age 33 season. I think the best use of the asset would be to keep him in the lineup for one season and take the draft pick compensation when he leaves as a free agent.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote