View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
What game did he play good in then? I never answered your question because I had never stated (until now) that he did. I think he has been average so far, and bad lastnight. And to be honest I was hoping for more from him. He is solidly the third fiddle now.

I've simply gone against the grain and am pointing out that (this is probably the 3rd thread I've been saying this....) we should not be content with what we have in Leland Irving, that automatically penciling him in as NHL backup, that claiming he's one of the best goalie prospects in the league was all premature IMO.

As for saying the team played like crap, check out Ward's postgame comments. I have never seen a coach so happy with his team after a loss. When a team completly oushoots the opponent, and your goalie gives up bad goals, the loss goes on the goalie. Pretty cut & dry with this one.

Anyways, I stated earlier that I doubt he dresses fow awhile, but I hope Ward gives him a chance to bounce back next game. The longer he sits on this, the less he plays, the more doubt will come into his mind.
His start on Nov.17 he was fantastic, to answer your question:

"Leland Irving made his third start of the season, stopping 36 of 38 shots. The Americans outshot the Heat by a 38-21 margin."

Irving WON that game for team, and stood on his head. Funny how you only show up to point out the lesser games. He has been average to good in his other 3 starts.

No, thats not how it works. If your team doesn't score, the goalie can give up 1000 goals. The loss is still on the team because they could not have put the puck in the net. The forwards like I said had good puck possession but poor scoring chances. The defense was somewhere between below average and awful at times.

Last edited by InfinityIggy: 12-06-2012 at 01:33 PM.
InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote