View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
royals119

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I would really love to see Galiev back up and see what he could do.
As a Royals fan I'd be glad to see him get called up too. He just looks lost out there. He mostly skates in circles, misplays the puck, skates toward opponents then stops short of making a play on the puck or finishing a check. I watched him pretty closely last night and he completed two passes all game, plus he made this play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=JTKHlNKLtQ0
Otherwise he was a liability. They have been using him at the point on the power play, but he spends 75% of the time down below the faceoff dots, leaving the only dman on the ice alone at the blue line. To be fair, maybe that is the system they are running with him, but the Royals often use Yannick Tifu at the point on the other power play unit and he generally stays at the point, using his stickhandling skills to outmaneuver the penalty killer and get an open passing/shooting lane.

We've had lots of players come through Reading who were clearly talented enough to play in the NHL, or who were obviously ready for the AHL - Galiev doesn't look like he is ready for the ECHL

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote