View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 01:23 PM
MakeTheIronSing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
So you're 100% sure that he has absolutely no chance at looking like a better player in a more defense-oriented system?
I think the problem is that Komi is not getting younger (30). And he's not getting defensive coaching from Eakins, meaning he's not available to send down to the minors. And he takes awful penalties. And he can't move his feet in the new fast league. And his salary is comparable to legit top 4 defenseman (such as Giordano, Jack Johnson, Hainsey). And he hasn't had like a 1 year slide, its been like a 3/4 year collapse (minus his one good caveat of blocked shots which has probably kept him on the ice).

I'm not saying Komi is awful (although I could and still sleep well at night). I'm saying, what's the point of keeping him if there is a season? He's not getting extended (at least I ****ing hope he doesn't), and he's not going to all of a sudden be great, so why not just get rid of him and clear some space? If you can't move him, that sucks, but whatever.

I'd rather just resign Franson, say to him, you're our replacement for Komi, earn it and we'll resign you to a Komi salary, if he doesn't succeed in 100% taking over for Komi, ship him out. I don't want the leafs to give up on Franson just to see him sign somewhere like the Wings and then take off. He's too young with too much upside to just let him walk away. If you're willing to let Komi learn more defensive roles, than surely, you'd rather a young cheaper (and better) version of him do the same?

Last edited by MakeTheIronSing: 12-06-2012 at 01:29 PM.
MakeTheIronSing is online now   Reply With Quote