View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
I have held my tounge on Bport but ths team is in a downward spiral. They lack creativity with the puck, constantly turn the puck over in there own zone and the neutral zone, not to mention defensive coverage by every F and Dman has been horrid. I believe there is a new system in place and almost no one seems to be grasping it.
The goalies have let in some softies but have also been hung out to dry very badly.
Injuries aside this team has made some very bad decisions with the puck, in the first 10 games they got away with it but it has just gotten progressively worse
first, great avatar.

b) thanks for the feedback. So tough to get a read from these guys without watching them play and appreciate the input. Stats can be so misleading.

I have never liked the dmen on BP and the fact they are the 2nd youngest AHL team doesn't help matters. They looked amazing early in the year (before KK and deHaan and Cizikas got hurt) but it was mainly the offense that looked great.

Hockey is too much of a "capitalize-on-mistakes" game, amplified at the NHL level where the speed, physical play, lack of time/space just magnifies things. Mistakes that keep happening is a bad sign. Although it's expected in younger players, we cannot expect these players to be on the NYI anytime soon if they continue.

In your opinion, is it more a matter of talent? Coaching? combination? experience?
I suspect they are all a factor.

I've watched enough AHL hockey (Marlies) to know that a vet presence on the ice is a CRUCIAL piece to developing younger players and insulating them from mistakes. Keith Aucoin helps Nazem Kadri, for example. Though, not sure Kadri will ever make the NHL. But that's for another board.