View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I dont blame them for being pessimistic. I admit I am.

anyway Jeremy Jacobs is a jackass. but this is nothing new.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...medium=twitter

Representatives from the NHL and NHLPA got hot under their collars during another round of marathon meetings but not hot enough to halt momentum.

That was the word out of New York on Wednesday, as multiple sources reported the testiest exchanges came from Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs and Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller.

The conversation went something like this.

appearantly Jacobs had a fit and left. yet its the players who are acting childish

Lets leave, said Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, turning to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.

Its up to you, replied Daly.

At that point during the talks between the NHL and NHL Players Association on Wednesday, a day that began as a continuation of the momentum generated on Tuesday, both sides were at the precipice, and the 2012-13 season was in jeopardy.

Earlier, Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller had angrily vented when the owners said they were disappointed with the players responses to an earlier offer and threatened to pull everything off the table
According to John Shannon, Miller got angry when Jacobs threatened to walk, asked him to continue dialogue and indicated that the PA could just as easily threaten to walk out also. Not sure how accurate this is.