View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I think you're jumping the gun here a bit. Given how little salary is commited to a combination of Young and Revere, the Phillies would still be in excellent position to pursue a guy like Swisher in RF. While I don't know that this happens, would you honestly assert that the below line-up is incredibly imbalanced?

Revere
Young
Utley
Howard
Swisher
Ruf/Brown
Rollins
Ruiz
P

Add 1 guy to our BP and I'd feel pretty good about our team going forward.

My point is that any move should be considered in terms of a.) What is available and b.) What you can afford. Acquiring a viable CF and 3B for 8 million dollars is solid work.
Assuming you sign Swisher, which it doesn't sound like he's in the mix, only he, Utley, and Dom Brown know how to work a count. Look I don't hate the Revere move. The guy was a 3 win player last year making 400k. He's one of the best contact hitters in the league. I'm just making a point, the Phillies do not value guys that get on base and make a pitcher work. I look at their minor league system, they don't have that guy. They haven't had a guy like that in a while (Singleton but they traded him).

Anyway, I think Revere would be best served hitting 2nd if Young doesn't waive his NTC.