Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
I'd rather go:

Finesse
Power
Knuckleballer
Power
Finesse

If you go Power-Finesse-Knuckleballer, you're warming them up slowly. Going from slower to faster to extremely slow would work better than going from faster to slower to extremely slow. I don't mind doubling up on the finesse pitchers at the ends of the rotation, as they don't rely as much on straight speed as much as their stuff and location, so there's less benefit on trying to trip up opponents.
I like that model for sure ... Makes sense .. Based on the current staff though would this rotation work?

Morrow
Buerhle
Johnson
Romero
Happ

?

Balances in power and finesse pitchers and mixes in lefties and righties well ... Happ as the 5th starter would be a question mark ... And based on that rotation a finesse righty would fit well in that 5 spot given the diversity of the first four in the rotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs21 View Post
I may be getting ahead of myself a little, but what happens a year from now if melky proves he's legit, and Rasmus takes a leap forward? An outfield of Cabrera-Gose-Rasmus in 2014 would push Bautista to 1B / DH. We'd literally have no holes in our lineup.

Reyes
Cabrera
Bautista
Encarnacion
Lawrie
D'arnaud
Rasmus
Bonafacio
Gose
I'd see Cabrera move to DH before Bautista would move there .. Bautista has better defensive in the field than Cabrera and Rasmus could move to LF ... Rasmus - Gose - Bautista is sexy