View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
The way I read that article, the DDA collects taxes to buy and develop property in downtown Detroit. I fail to see how buying property and developing an arena on it falls outside of the what those taxes are designed to achieve. That money only goes to education if it's not spent on its principal purpose of developing downtown property; it was not "supposed" to go to education.

It's only this Gretchen Whitmer idiot who is going out of her way to twist this into a case of "a student-subsidized stadium for a billionaire. Her argument is flawed at the most fundamental level.

I'm not going to cut you down if you think funding education is a more worthwhile pursuit than building a stadium, but education is not what this money was primarily earmarked for.
DDA tax districts take money from schools, police, fire and just about every other local entity funded by local property taxes.

My question is, why does this need a Senate Bills? Because there is more pork involved than your typical DDA project is my guess.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote