View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Canada not only wins when there is a lockout and we have all of our best juniors but they destroy the competition by a significant margin. 1995 in Red Deer was a romp scoring 49 goals and going 7-0. 2005 was an even greater team. It was honestly like watching bantam hockey. I am used to Canada beating Norway or Belarus 8-1 and 9-1 but when we are doing it to Sweden and Finland that's another story. Then to smoke the Russians 6-1 in the Gold medal game. That team outshot the opposition in a way I've never seen and if you look at that roster I don't think I've ever seen a World Junior team with so much NHL success on their plate. The 2005 team was never behind in a single game, which is insane.

So yeah, if the lockout stays until January then I can't see Canada losing. They just never do in this situation, they don't even come close to losing. Nugent-Hopkins almost won the rookie of the year in the NHL and he's back to playing with a bunch of kids. I like those odds. So I pick Canada and somewhere they meet the Russians, maybe the Gold medal game.

Big Phil is online now   Reply With Quote