View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You're not correcting for total ice time.

DD was ahead of Toews, Crosby, and Lecavalier last year. Do you think that's due to superior "vision"?

And yes, if a 1st line center gets 2 big power forwards as his linemates, plays 80 games, gets 14 mins ES time and 3 mins PP time, gets easier opposition, and 52% ozone percentage, then 60 points is a floor. I'd say 80 points is the minimum production needed to get that kind of privilege.
Did I say DD was the 20th best center? No... I said he was 20th in points for a center and that he is surrounded by elite offensive talents, which says something about his offensive talent...

You keep bringing up the same stats but refuse to answer the real question here... do you honestly believe Eller would have produced the same amount of points with Patches and Cole. If the answer i yes... then that is where we disagree. No stats can prove either of our opinions right or wrong.

I think we both agree that Eller brings more to the table overall, but what I'm saying is DD brings more to the habs playing those extra minutes on the PP, playing those extra minutes in the offensive zone than Eller would

and btw I still don't buy that DD played against weaker opposition than Eller... It was Pleks line against the opponents top line... not Ellers. And it was the oppositions top pairings that would play against the habs top 6, not the bottom pairing.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote